It's Krrunch Time, get Playful!



I just arrived in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Its my 3 day vacation and I've thought a gazillion times if I'm gonna blog this story or not.Anyway, here's my entry to Nuffnang's blog contest. It's about my friend and how we had Krrunch on our most memorable experiences. I know I shouldn't be blogging about this but what the heck? This happened some time ago and I'll try to write as detail as I can.

+++++




Everytime I see Pringles I remember Luis, my childhood friend. We grew up together in a small village in San Mateo, Rizal. Luis lives about 2 blocks from our house. He's the youngest in his family and among the kids in the village we enjoyed our company. We both went to the same school. Our first baon is also the same. We were always seatmates and always partners in crime. If got scolded by our teacher, he got scolded too. When I'm in trouble, he's in trouble too. lol! Too bad for him coz I always get in trouble.

We have a treehouse beside our home. My dad built it so we can play Tarzan. I remember cutting Pringles can so we can make spearhead out of it. I would carry a slingshot, while he carries a bow and arrow. We were like indians hunting for wild animals. We had Krrunch with other kids every time we shot them with chips. And they would come back and throw us stone. Sabi nga nila pag binato ka ng bato, batohin mo ng tinapay. But then, we were different, coz we would throw them chips instead of tinapay. We could laugh all day with that.



When I'm in trouble, he's in trouble too. lol! Too bad for him coz I always get in trouble.



During the summer, we would go to the farm with my dad. We'd harvest ripe watermelons and fresh corns. We'd also pick duhats and put it in an empty can of Pringles. We'd fly kite during the afternoon and Pringles is still a part of it. We're using the can for the string attached to the kite. Its easier to hold it and it makes a lot more Krrunch.

Sometimes, my mom would bring us to Fiesta Carnival in Cubao. Fiesta Carnival is already gone. I'm not sure if you'll still remember the 2 seater plane that rotates and goes up and down. I really enjoyed that ride. Maybe, I had a pilot instinct in me or maybe I should have become a pilot. He's scared of riding an airplane unless he's holding a can of Pringles. He's crazy over it. I'm laughing my ass off everytime he's teary eyed riding an airplane.





And he would always make Krrunch of me coz I stumbled everytime I bike.



We also bike along the village. But I'm not good at it. He does! And he would always make Krrunch of me coz I stumbled everytime I bike. I got bruises all over my face, my knee and hands. When I'm injured, he would always hitch me or he'd bring a sidecar. lol! I'm always into accident and good thing he's always there.


Aside from the bike crash, there's also an instance where we got chased by a big carabao. I was wearing red shirt, red short, red cap, red flip flops and carrying a red Pringles when a big carabao saw me. At first it didn't mind us, until my friend shot the carabao with my sling shot.Of course the carabao got mad at us. We were running really really fast. Until we climbed a tree. I didn't even noticed that I was on the tree until the carabao is gone. We were Krrunch-ing afterwards.



Oh I miss that poor guy. Later did I know, he had a heart problem. That might be the reason why he's scared of riding a plane. He was diagnosed of a bad heart disease. I would always visit him with my mom in a hospital in Marikina. We would always bring Pringles to him and he would feel alright. I'll cut an airplane out of the Pringles can and would play with him in his hospital bed.

Luckily he survived his disease. And I'm glad that he will be able to make it to our grade school graduation in only a few months away. We had to study hard and do our research and assignments together.

One time, we're in the library doing some research for our science project. I got my empty Pringles can with some holes in it and he got some colored papers. Something is missing and I think we left it in our treehouse. Since, he's the bestest in biking, he went home to get it while I was busy writing our project.

30 minutes past by and he's still not there. Another 30 minutes and he's not there. I don't know what happened to Luis until I went home.

My mom told be that Luis was in a hurry climbing the treehouse looking for something. When he's about to go down, he made a wrong step... He fell to ground head first. I cried all day wishing that I should have been the one going back the treehouse. I cried all night wishing that my bestest friend would not have been gone.

In his wake, one of the things I brought with me was Pringles coz it's our favorite snack. And every time I would see Pringles, I would always remember him. For me, Luis would always comes to life in every Pringles. It took away his fright when we ride the airplane; makes a good string holder for kite; it stops the pain when you crashed a bike, makes a good spearhead, its nicer to throw chips than tinapay, makes a dull moment to an everlasting Krrunch.

++++




Wow! Sobrang cheesy na to! Ampf! Ayan, I hope you enjoyed my story about my friend and Pringles.



It's Krrunch Time, get Playful!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Army Dignify Airmen

Broadband USB Modem Unlocker

Tumblraty...